View Full Document Here: Insurance Advisory Services RFP
REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS
TO PROVIDE INSURANCE ADVISOR SERVICES TO
THE GARRISON DIVERSION CONSERVANCY DISTRICT
ISSUED BY THE:
GARRISON DIVERSION CONSERVANCY DISTRCT
DATE OF ISSUANCE: September 4, 2019
RESPONSES DUE: September 24, 2019
The Garrison Diversion Conservancy District (“GDCD”) is requesting proposals for the purpose of retaining a qualified insurance advisor firm (the “Firm”) to provide advisor services to GDCD and Lake Agassiz Water Authority ("LAWA") on insuring the Red River Valley Water Supply Project (the “RRVWSP”). The RRVWSP is a $1.16 billion project, consisting of a water treatment plant, water intake systems, discharge structures, and approximately 150 miles of 72-inch diameter steel buried pipeline. All detailed informational needs are outlined in the following Request for Proposal (this “RFP”).
INSTRUCTIONS TO FIRMS
All questions or comments directed to:
Garrison Diversion Conservancy District
PO Box 140
401 Hwy 281 NE
Carrington, ND 58421
Telephone: (701) 652-3194
All responses to this RFP must be received by Merri Mooridian no later than 5:00 p.m. Central Time on September 24, 2019. Responses received after such time will not be opened and will be returned to sender.
Responses should be sent via U.S. mail or courier in a sealed envelope and clearly marked in the lower left corner “Sealed Proposal – Insurance Advisor Services.” No faxed or emailed responses will be accepted.
A group that includes GDCD and LAWA representatives, known as the Insurance Advisor Selection Committee (IASC) will review the proposals, select firms to interview and conduct the interviews. GDCD will notify the Firm it selects on or before October 18, 2019 (the “Selection Date”). GDCD will engage in contract negotiations with the selected firm. If the parties cannot reach agreement on the terms of a contract, GDCD will engage in contract negotiations with the next firm selected.
Given the Selection Date, GDCD anticipates using the following schedule:
September 4, 2019 RFP Issued
September 24, 2019 Due Date for Proposals
October 1-8, 2019 Interview
October 10-17, 2019 LAWA Action on Recommendation
October 10-17, 2019 GDCD Action on Recommendation
October 18, 2019 Selection Date
RFP EVALUATION CRITERIA
GDCD and LAWA will evaluate all proposals based upon the following criteria:
1. Experience in providing similar services
2. Project team credentials
3. Cost of services
4. Professional references
Each proposal will be independently evaluated on the above criteria. After an initial review of the proposals, GDCD staff will circulate to the IASC, who will determine whether interviews are needed. After any interviews are completed, the IASC will make a recommendation to LAWA and GDCD as to which firm it believes can best provide the requested assistance. LAWA's recommendation will be presented to GDCD, with GDCD making the final selection and negotiating a contract with the selected Firm.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. GDCD reserves the right to request clarification of information submitted, to request additional information, or additional references from one or more applicants.
2. Any proposal may be withdrawn up until the date and time set forth herein for the opening of the proposals. Any proposals not so withdrawn shall constitute an irrevocable offer, for a period of 90 days, to provide to GDCD the services set forth in the attached specifications, until one or more of the proposals have been approved by GDCD.
3. Any agreement or contract resulting from the acceptance of a proposal shall be on forms either supplied by or approved by GDCD and shall contain, at a minimum, applicable provisions of the RFP. GDCD reserves the right to reject any agreement that does not conform to the RFP, proposal, and any GDCD requirements for agreements and contracts.
4. GDCD may make requests for certain personnel assignments to its account based upon credentials and professional experience.
SCOPE OF SERVICES REQUESTED
Requested insurance advisor services will include, but are not limited to, assisting GDCD by:
1. Advising and defining required and recommended insurance portfolio needs and necessary coverage compliance for the RRVWSP, including, but not limited to, construction coverage, professional negligence coverage, product liability coverage, general liability coverage, owner’s wrap coverage, and any other such coverage that may be necessary for the RRVWSP.
2. Acting as a strategic risk management advisor and insurance coordinator for the RRVWSP to ensure proper and adequate insurance coverage for the project.
3. Advising GDCD on loss control and prevention.
4. Coordinating placement and delivery of selected insurance coverage.
5. Evaluating underwriting offers and policies.
6. Assisting with negotiations of underwriting policies.
7. Participating in any telephone conferences or presenting to the LAWA and/or GDCD board as requested by LAWA and/or GDCD.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE FIRM
The proposal shall contain a description of the Firm including:
1. Size and locations of the Firm’s insurance advisor services department.
2. A summary of construction projects in the prior three years on which the Firm has provided insurance advisor services. The summary shall include a description of the projects and the names and telephone numbers of pertinent people who may be contacted for references. The summary shall also include the names of the Firm’s personnel who were involved in each project. The Firm shall also be prepared to discuss in interviews, the total and scope of fees charged to representative projects.
3. Names and resumes of Firm personnel who would be primarily responsible for providing the insurance advisor services to GDCD. Any other personnel who are mentioned as resources, but not intended to provide services to GDCD, shall be identified accordingly.
4. Any other information about the Firm that would be useful to LAWA and GDCD in evaluating the proposal.
The proposal shall state the method by which the Firm will determine its fee. If the fee is based on hourly rates, include a listing of the hourly rate for each Firm personnel included in the proposal.
Provide a list of any other direct or indirect expenses that would be part of the Firm’s fee.
Provide a list of any direct or indirect expenses that would be in addition to the Firm’s fee